The Victorian Information Privacy Act outlines ten Information Privacy Principles as the practical core of the Information Privacy Act. With limited exceptions, all Victorian government organisations, including local councils, must comply with these principles or have an approved code of practice. Non-government organisations that work for government under contract may also be covered, depending on the contract. The Information Privacy Act came into full effect on 1 September 2002.
The Victorian Bands’ League respects the privacy of its member bands and registered players. As a result, the VBL has adopted an Information Privacy Statement that outlines the way in which it will collect and use personal information.
To assist member bands, the VBL has also developed a model privacy statement which bands can use to develop their own privacy statement.
If you have any questions about how the VBL manages information privacy, please write to:
The Executive Council
Victorian Bands’ League Inc
2/157 Hyde Street
This site is operated by the Victorian Bands’ League Inc. using commercial web hosting facilities. When visiting this site, a record of your visit is logged. The following information is recorded for statistical purposes and is used by the Victorian Bands’ League Inc. to help improve the site. This information is supplied by your browser:
- the user’s server address
- the user’s operating system (for example Windows, Mac, etc)
- the user’s top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc)
- the date and time of the visit to the site
- the pages accessed and the documents downloaded
- the previous site visited
- the type of browser used.
No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities except in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect the Internet web server logs.
Collection of personal information
When you e-mail us:
- we will record your e-mail address
- we will only use your e-mail address for the purpose for which you provided it
- it will not be added to a mailing list unless you have specifically requested this
- we will not use your e-mail address for any other purpose
- we will not disclose it without your consent.
Other personal information collected by us, for example through the use of an online form, will only:
- be collected by lawful and fair means
- be used for a lawful purpose
- be collected with your consent, and
- the purpose for collection should be clear and explicit.
The Victorian Bands’ League has tried to minimise the use of paper, by making all forms available as Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) files, which may be downloaded from this site and returned to the Office of the Victorian Bands’ League Inc. by email (post and fax are still available), or as an online document which is submitted directly into our database. All Victorian Bands’ League forms are governed by the Victorian Bands’ League Inc. Information Privacy Statement which is separate to this Online Privacy Statement.
Advice about the Internet and personal information can be found on the Victorian Privacy Commissioner’s web site, www.privacy.vic.gov.au.