Entries have now closed.
The 2013 schedule as well as all relevant forms can be found at the bottom of this page.
Entries will now close on on Friday the 12th of July not the 21st of June as was previously advertised.
Stage plans, copies of scores and a synopsis of all pieces being performed are required to be in the hands of the VBL by Friday the 26th of July.
All new players must be registered before the 2nd of August, band player lists and signed contest declarations must also be submitted by this date. It is advisable to submit these forms as early as possible so any potential issues can be resolved well before the final cut-off date.
Season passes for all bands-people are available for a price of $5 per person these can be purchased by bands when entering the championships.
There have been a number of small changes to the scheduling for the 2013 State Band Championships. A lot of thought and discussion was put into these changes and the VBL feel they will improve the success of the competition.
The weekend will now run as set out below.
- Junior Brass & Concert – Saturday Early Afternoon
- Open Concert – Saturday Afternoon
- D Grade Brass – Saturday Evening
- C Grade Brass – Sunday Morning
- A Grade Brass – Sunday Afternoon
- B Grade Brass – Sunday Evening
Specific rules regarding the State Band Championships can be found in the VBL Contest Rules which can be found at the bottom of this page.
For the 2013 Championships all Concert Bands & Junior Bands can choose an own choice item for their major work.
Open Brass Bands are required to choose one piece from the appropriate grade in the list below:
- Alhambra – Jan de Haan
- Dances and Alleluias – Philip Sparke
- Legend of King Arthur – Peter Meechan
- Rienzi (Overture to the Opera) – Wagner (Arr: Howard Lorriman)
- The Flying Dutchman – Wagner (Arr: Howard Lorriman)
- Concerto for Band – John Golland
- Partita (Postcards from Home) – Philip Wilby
- Royal Parks – George Lloyd
- 1st Suite in Eb – Holst (Arr. Sydney Herbert)
- Der Meistersinger von Nurnberg – Wagner (Arr: Howard Lorriman)
- A Salford Sinfonietta – Darrol Barry
- A Little Light Music – Philip Wilby
- Prelude for a Festival – Graham Lloyd
- Nott’num Town – Allan Street
- Sport of Kings – Brenton Broadstock
- Dancing in the Park – Peter Graham
2013 State Band Championships Schedule
2013 Brass Band Entry Form
2013 Junior & Concert Band Entry Form
2013 School Band Entry Form
Contest Declaration Form and Player List
VBL Contest Rules
State Band Championship Results 2012